Tuesday, September 8, 2009

HE'S BACK

He's Back and I mean my pappa. That funny man that would start water fights with the kids on our block, the man who had the biggest super soaker at the ward water fights, the ballerina from the talent show performing in his water pants and a tied church shirt. That man made a stunning reappearance into the Peterson house on Friday afternoon. MY DAD HAD HIS SURGERY. He is doing amazing when we walked in on Friday that light was back in his eyes the one that I had told you was being hidden with pain. His feet are warm! That is a big thing for my dad. A few weeks ago we tried to describe what his feet felt like when you touched them the best example is baby powder in a rubber glove. They were cold and kind of chalky. Now they feel like feet and they are warm. He can't have his device on all the time until tomorrow, but he says that even a few minutes remove the pain for hours!
I learned a lesson this week one that I am a little embarrassed to admit because it took me so long. I learned that Heavenly Father is in control. That he has a plan and things will happen how he wants them to and on his time. We don't know why we had to wait, but now we realize that there was a reason and maybe only our Father in Heaven knows why. My testimony was also reinforced that our prayers really are listened to, and when we fast those special blessings our granted. I have never prayed for anything so hard in my life or fasted with more conviction. My faith has been tested and strengthened so much during this process, and their have been people all along the way helping with that. Travis has been a vocal and a silent rock. He is always there and I love him so much for just being the man and priesthood holder that he is.
My mom has been amazing. I don't know what I would have done if I was her. Even imagining seeing Travis like that makes me feel queezy, but she stayed strong for the whole family. There were also so many great people praying and fasting for us. We love you all so much and you really helped and made a huge difference.
Lastly there is my pappa. I don't know how you stayed so strong. You experienced something I can not even imagine and you remained so tough. Thank you for having so much faith and for using that faith to keep yourself and our family strong. You have been the best dad that anyone could have, you are always giving of yourself, and I am so glad that this time you could be given something that will make your life better and easier. Oh ya and Welcome Back!

3 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

i'm so glad it was successful! when my sister had her back surgery when she got the huge rod in her back i have never fasted and prayed harder in my life ( 3 days:) ) i'm so glad that your dad is himself again and that you get your pappa back:) love and miss you!

jcook said...

yay Darin!! I am so happy that he will be pain free! this must be a huge relief for your family! We really need to get together and quite just saying we are going to! Let's plan a day ya?

Jennie said...

That is wonderful news, Meagan!! I am thrilled for you, your entire family and of course your Dad. What a great blessing and experience you've had along the way, too. It's definately the trials and challenges in life that make us the strongest. I'm so happy for you!! Miss you guys lots!