Thursday, September 24, 2009

Super Date

Travis and I finally found some time to celebrate our Anniversary and go on a Super Date. To fully appreciate the weekend you have to know some background. Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to spend my honeymoon night at the Little America in Salt Lake. We used to go there when I was a little girl and I thought that it was so magical. I shared this with Travis before our wedding and he called up there to get a reservation for the night of our wedding, and we were told we could not stay there because neither of us were 21 and that is the mandatory age for check in. My little girl dreams were broken. Travis remember how much I wanted to stay there so this year with him being 21 he reserved us a really nice room.
It was so nice to be able to get away from all the stress that school and other obligations bring and just be with Travis. We had an exciting event happen while we were there. For the first time in my 20 years on the earth I went underwater successfully with out plugging my nose. I have always had this fear of water up my nose, so I am a definite nose plugger. Travis just did not think that this would do so we spent a half hour on Friday night in the pool working on me going under with out plugging my nose and I made some major progress I must say. Then we just went back to the room and relaxed, ordered in some room service, and had some Travis and Meagan time. The next day we had breakfast with my sister Erin and her husband Whit who happened to be spending the night at the Little America as well. We did not know they were staying there until 7:00 on Friday night so that was a little treat.
Around one on Saturday we made our way over to the State Fair. It was a lot of fun. We were able to spend some time with friends that we don't get to see very often, we had homemade ice cream that had been churned by a tractor, watched our first ever truck pulling contest, went through little hands on the farm, and then the highlight of the day. We were able to ride the Big Yellow Slide. Travis and I went on it with my sister Emy and some of her state officer team. This is a picture of all of us lining up to go down the slide. The lady that was running the ride was a little worried about all of us going down at the same time. We finally got all ready at the top of the slide and pushed off. The reason that I am lagging so far behind is that I got scared when she said push and just sat there at the top for a minute until Travis yelled up to me that I better get my little potato sack moving. The slide is so fun and by the bottom you are going really fast and catching some major air.
The weekend and the super date where both great. Travis and I have both needed some stress free, together, and lounge around time.

2 comments:

Heidi Madsen said...

What a fun anniversary! You sure have a sweet husband!

JaKe and NaT* said...

i'm so glad that you and trav got to get away with each other for 2 seconds and celebrate your ann... looks and hears like you had a blast!! love ya:) can't wait to see you this weekend!