Tuesday, October 28, 2008

National FFA Convention

This past week was amazing for me. Travis took me back to Indianapolis Indiana so that I could receive my American FFA Degree. This was really important to me because I have been working for six years to be eligible. We flew out early Tuesday morning and got there late that night. On Wednesday we had a really busy day making sure that my cousin made it to the contest that she was competing in. Samantha did an awesome job on her speech.
Later Wednesday night we went to the Taylor Swift concert. It was really fun. James Otto opened the show and I really love his new single so that was cool, but between him and Taylor Swift we had to wait a whole hour for her to come out it was ridiculous. She was so amazing in concert though! Thursday we walked through the career show and the FFA mall. Some of the highlights were getting our picture taken by the Oscar Mayer Truck, an American Flag painted Tractor, and a rodeo clown.

We also went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, this is the place were the Indie Five Hundred is ran. It was really cool to go there, but it was a rainy day and so that was a little bit of a bummer. We could not go out onto the track. We did get to see the museum and all of the old cars. There was also a little section that was dedicated to all the cars that had raced across the Salt Flats in Utah. My favorite of all the race cars was the pink racer. Travis called me a girly girl.... what can I say.

1 comment:

OneBrilliantGirl said...

You left out the part about the badger call. :)