Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Deer

Travis had one more day left that he could hunt before we headed off for National FFA Convention. We went to church and immediately after Sacrament Meeting. We scurried down to Gunnison so that he could head up the mountain with Adam to get his deer. I waited at Diane's house all day waiting for Travis to call and tell my that he had gotten one. Well the day went on and it started getting darker and darker outside. By this point I thought I would just see Travis pull up and tell me that he had not seen it, and this has just not been his year. Right as I was thinking this Kera called to say that my hunter had be successful. She also told me that if I did not hurry with the truck Travis and Adam were going to strap the deer to the top of my car to bring it home. I rushed up to see the prize deer. When I got there was really nothing left of Travis' deer. When he had shot, it had blown off the back end of the deer, which made the rest of the deer fall down a cliff turning Travis' four point into a two point. I only later found out that Travis scaled down the cliff to get his deer. Help Me! What am I going to do with my little hunter.
This was a new experience for me because the men in my family do not hunt. For the sake of being a supportive wife I took a picture with the deer, yes I even touched it. It was gross and both of us stunk like game the rest of the way home!

2 comments:

Nona said...

Sounds familiar......Don't you love hunting season? Hope things are good in Ephraim.

Jennie said...

What a great wife you are!! How sure is Travis that his deer really was a 4 point? That sounds like a true hunterman's story... the deer rolled down a cliff and lost two points! J/K Glad he had fun.