Monday, May 18, 2009

There Must Be A Reason

Sometimes I think that I am making it through my life solely on the saying "There must be a reason."
I went to the doctor on Friday. I was so excited I have been on blood thinners for a year, and usually after the one year mark they can take you off of them. I practically bounced into the office. When I sat down though I got the shock of the year. "Meagan, I am sorry to tell you that you are going to have to remain on blood thinners indefinitely." I was not expecting that it was like a sucker punch right to the stomach. What made the whole situation worse was that Travis was not with me, he was at guard. My doctor continued to tell me the changes that I would have to make in my life, and how this would effect decisions later on in life like having children. As you can understand it is not good to be on blood thinner while carrying a baby. Dr. Luenceford and I went over all the options though, and I will admit that after a mini break down in the doctors office, he reassured me that everything would be okay. When Travis and I did decide to have kids it would be very possible, it just might be a little harder.
Travis was so good about everything though, and so was my mom. They both said "Meagan, there is a reason why they could not remove the trap, and there is a reason why you will have to stay on the blood thinner." I love both of them so much for their support, and their faith. I don't know what I would do with out them, and their courage and testimonies.
The other thing that has had me repeating this phrase over and over is that my dads surgery has not been scheduled yet. This is so frustrating to me. I know that we have been so blessed up to this point, so there is no reason for me to feel like this. I just want my daddy to get better. They did switch his medication though, so he is more alert and more like himself. We have also had so many great people helping and supporting him.
I don't know why all this stuff is happening. I do know however that there are great people in my life, and a great gospel, and There Must Be A Reason.

4 comments:

Taylor King said...

You are so strong! Keep it up!! I definitely believe there is a reason for everything - we may not be able to understand it but eventually we will! I know everything will work out for you! :)

Jennie said...

Meagan, I'm sorry to hear your news. And I'm sure it is very frustrating, but things will work out. And whose not to say in time, things may change. We love you guys!

The Jensen's said...

I think you are right, everything does happen for a reason, I'm very sorry you were alone to get that unexpected knews! Stay positive, and I hope things keep going in a good direction for you guys.
Karalee & Jorg

A bit about our little family... said...

Hey Meag- man I really do miss you!! It sounds like you're not going through some very good times! :( I just want you to know that I am ALWAYS here for you! I miss just talking to you so I want you to know that you can call and talk to me ANYTIME you need to! I love you very much and hope I can help in any way! Take care! :)