Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Called to Serve

"Welcome to Relief Society." If you were to attend the Snow College Married Ward on a Sunday when the 2nd counselor was conducting the voice that you would hear would be mine. I was recently called to the Relief Society Presidency.
I have felt that there was going to be some change in our lives, more directly to mine, but I had no idea what it might be. Saturday afternoon I got a call from our Ward Secretary asking if I could meet with the Bishop the next morning before the block.
When I arrived in the Bishops office he said "Meagan why do you think that you are here." I said " I am going to get a calling to be in the Relief Society Presidency." I don't know how I knew.I have been a little on the edge these past couple of weeks with everything that is going on, so I think that our Heavenly Father let me in on the secret of the calling so I could prepare myself.
We were sustained and set apart later that afternoon. I love all of the ladies that I will be serving with. They are all such special spirits and I can not wait to get to know them more. It was so spiritually filling to hear them all be set apart, and to have all of our husbands there supporting us. I love Travis so much he has just been so good about supporting me in everything and especially this.
This means that I am will be the main person in charge of enrichment night, so if any of you sisters have some good ideas I would love to hear them.

4 comments:

Chad and Mandi said...

I have had the enrichment counselor calling 3 times in 3 different wards!!! One of the best activities we had was for the r.s. birthday party. We recorded some of the priesthood giving their thoughts and views on relief society and then made a video. Our ward had enough money that we had costa vida cater it. Yum! Have fun with the calling, it is a good one!

JaKe and NaT* said...

meagan that is so freakin awesome! i can't think of anyone else better for the job.. you will come up with some way cute things for enrichment night.. i'm so happy that you got this calling and i can't wait to hear all the fun things you do.. congrats love!! see you this weekend!

Kiana Don said...

Congrats on the new calling! You'll be great and so blessed! I am so glad we have blogs so I can stay updated on your cute life!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

I'm so excited for you! You'll be great. I've got some fun ideas; you'll have to call me sometime. Love you!