Monday, March 9, 2009

Super Date


This weekend is Spring Break for Snow College. Travis and I will both spend this week working though. On Saturday night though about seven thirty Travis and I decided that we wanted a little bit of a break though so on the spur of the moment we packed up our bags and headed to St. George. By the time we got out of Ephraim it was eight and we arrived in St. George at eleven. We found a hotel room on the way down. It was actually really nice and we got a great deal because they were trying to fill the rooms. It was so great to sleep in past six!

Then we headed to one of our favorite eating spots Cafe Rio. We were the only ones in the restaurant it was great. We did not feel rushed at all and of course the food was great!
After lunch Travis was such a cutie and took me to the strip malls and walked around with me. The weather was great and it felt amazing to walk around outside in the warm weather. We also hit some sales too so that was a definite bonus. After that we hit the road, we did not make it very far though. We could not find any pants for Travis so we stopped at the Cal Ranch in Cedar.

We finally found Travis some pants, and I found some really cute shirts. Travis was so proud that I bought clothes at Cal Ranch. Then, we finally made it on our way back home, and were in town in time to make it to work by eight Monday morning.
The reason for the title of this post was because that is what Travis has decided to call these little adventures. SUPER DATES! We know we won't be able to do these all the time, but we do want to when ever we can. It was the best weekend that I have had since we got married. Thanks Travis! I love you.

10 comments:

jcook said...

Meg! I am so excited you have a blog! I know we haven't been able to get together.. we need to plan something soon and regardless of WHAT happens we WILL DO IT! :) You and your hubby are so cute! I am excited to get to see what is new in your lives! :) Love ya!

jcook said...

and I just realized I spelled Meag wrong.. don't think I am a bad friend :) I know how to spell your name :)

JaKe and NaT* said...

i can't believe you guys went to st george and cedar and didn't even stop by!! We would have loved to see you but we are excited to see you guys this weekend!! Glad you had a fun weekend!!

peterson said...

Yes, enjoy these little spur of the moment adventures while you can! I wish we would have done moer.

Unknown said...

That looks like a great getaway. I love your new title picture. You guys are such a cute couple.

Taylor King said...

How fun!! You guys are seriously the cutest couple. Glad you got to do something fun for the break instead of just work!

Kiana Don said...

How cute! You guys are so so so so cute! What fun quick weekend! You got quite the catch and it sounds like forever is going to be a great one for you!

Jennie said...

How fun for you! yes, I would agree that the "super dates" won't be something you can do forever, so make the most of this time you have now that you can enjoy them! Miss you guys!

Wyatt and Nikki said...

hey..I FOUND your blog..awesome!! I will add you to mine just e-mail me your e-mail address (wyattw@nebonet.com)

jcook said...

Ah man! Don't tell James he keeps bugging me about getting a truck. :) Congrats though it is kinda fun getting new cars! We all know I haven't done this before.. I grew up with the Corsica and the Grand Prix for heavens sakes lol. Love ya!