Monday, July 27, 2009

So Much in So Little Time

So much has happened in such a short amount of time for our little family. I thought I would just give you some of the brief highlights.

*Dyreng Family Camp Out.
*I turned 20!
*Spent a girls day with my mom.
*We were able to go to the temple to watch my dear friend Kait get sealed.
*24th of July with the Dyreng's up the mountain.
*25th with my family in Mona, where we watched the best fire works of the summer, and my mom won a pure bred papered beagle for five dollars in a drawing.
* Travis spoke twice at the prison (in one day).

Now for the biggest news that has happened to us. Travis got a calling. For some time I have just really felt that Travis was going to be getting a calling in our ward. Even though I had this feeling I was a little surpised though when we were called to meet with a member of the Stake Presidency. Travis has been called and set apart as Assistant Ward Clerk. We were both so excited, but Travis is a little nervous seeing how this will make him in charge of the finances. I know he will do amazing.

I am so proud of Travis. He is such a great husband and a truly amazing person. He always has the spirit with him. I love him so much and am grateful to have him in my life. Even though this new calling means a lot less time together on Sunday and Tuesdays I could not be happier. I know that we have been blessed with my calling and I am sure we will be blessed even more with Travis'. We have such a great ward, and I am so glad that we can serve the people in it.

I am also grateful for such an amazing family. Both of our parents were there for when Travis was set apart, and Kera came up with the kids afterward. They are always so supportive, and we know that we can turn to them for anything even to just share our good news. Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is Matt's calling. He loves it. Just one or two hours after church and that's it. I think it is the same calling. He counts tithing and pays bills.

Good to see you the other day.

Hills said...

That is awesome!! It is fun to keep in touch on here and hear what is going on in your wonderful life :) Thank goodness for technology so we can do that right? lol