Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New News

A lot has happened since my last little post. So here it comes.

1. I have loved Snow Colleges Communications Department. They are great classes and really qualified professors. Snow College used to have a winning speech and debate team (by winning I mean that they would sweep nationals!) The program was discontinued however when the old coach retired. This year however there has been a lot of interest by students, hard work from professors and a ton of support from President Wyatt and his staff to see something start happening with this program again. This is in no way an ideal time to start a new team seeing as how the whole state of Utah is having cuts in higher education. Luckily though the Communications Department was given a small budget and permission to continue with the program.
Some how I got dragged into this whole thing. I did declare my major as communications and one of my professors had seen me speak in FFA and in church positions. She asked me to be a member of the team, and be the current events go to girl. I was really in shock I did not even do speech and debate in high school, there was the FFA speaking competitions, but that was about it. On Saturday I got bigger news though. I would not only be a member, but I would be the Speech and Debate President (with that comes a half tuition scholarship paid for by the Communications Department). I really don't know what I have gotten myself into, but I am really excited to be helping rebuild something that was once a great part of Snow.

2. I am an army wife again. Travis is gone for two whole weeks! I know I know what am I complaining about we have gone much longer then that, but this is by far the longest since we have been married. I have a confession to make. Last night I could not sleep until I lounging in his flannel pajama bottoms, had on one of his favorite t- shirts, laying on his pillow, and popped in Lonesome Dove. I guess since I could not have him with me I had to recreate what it would be like with him there. I love him so much and I really am proud of the sacrifices that he makes for our family, and this country. Even though I am so proud, I am still left extremely bored!

7 comments:

Kaitlyn B said...

Meagan you know that your fellow work buddy is here for you! If you get bored just give me a call :)

Tessa said...

That's great about school Megan!! You'll do awesome! =)

Anonymous said...

Wow Meagan, exciting things for you at school, and just keep using that beautiful new machine when Trav is gone...you'll wish you had the time later! lol :) luv to both of you, trina

Chad and Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JaKe and NaT* said...

meagan thats so awesome about school! way to go PRES!! i didn't even know that... i wish we were closer so we could go play while we be army wives and our husbands our away!! and i heard that trav had swine flu and that you were getting sick.. i hope you didn't get it also!! congrats again.. they picked the perfect person for the job!love ya!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Way to go Meag! That is awesome about the Speech Team. You are a great speaker and will do a great job as Pres! :) I'm excited for you to do great things next year. I have an idea for your two weeks of lonesomeness without Trav. (www.southwest.com) Ticket from SLC to SEA. I'll pick you up. :)

Jennie said...

Sounds way exciting Meagan! You will do a great job and of course who can argue with a break in tuition! Can I just say, I can't believe Trav would shop around and buy a sewing machine...especially atg 7am! He must really love you!! (of course he does!)